Technical & data feasibility User experience
- Designs & builds iOS consumer and enterprise apps for iPhone and iPad
- UI and backend coding using test-driven development
- Expert knowledge of Objective-C, iOS 5 & 6, REST APIs, UIKit, CoreData, MapKit, etc
- Leads Agile projects with TDD and BDD
- Designs & builds backend APIs with Ruby, Rails & Sinatra
- Author of Pro iOS TableViews & Pro iOS 6, published by Apress.
I make things with tools like Objective-C and Ruby on Rails for the web and iOS. I get code, understand developers, and I know my way around a LAMP stack.
I've worked with all kinds of clients to design information architecture and user experiences that ensure people will actually *use* what gets built.
I'm writing "Pro iOS6" and wrote "Pro iOS Table Views For iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch", both for Apress.
I'm an experienced project and team manager - I prefer Agile to waterfall, but I've worked with both and can get the best of both. I'm good with clients, as well - I don't do "sales", but I look good in a suit and I'm happy consulting in the boardroom, or thrashing out details with techies.
I'm an associate lecturer at Sheffield Hallam University, teaching Ruby, Rails, internet technologies and Linux systems.
- East Coast Timeline app for National Railway Museum
- iPad app for Molson Coors
- Clinical guidance iOS app for NICE
- Food Hospital iOS app for C4 series
- TeaWars - multiplayer iPhone game to solve tea rota dilemmas
- Online store for bike retailer
- WeWatch app for social TV listings
- Rails-based Facebook game for 4IP startup
Objective-C, iOS, Ruby, Rails, UX, IA, Linux, Apache, MySQL, Git, TDD, BDD, RSpec, Cucumber, Agile, Scrum
MBA & Prince II-qualified. Experience of project P&L.
Recruiting, running & developing teams. Track record of creating, building and managing client relationships.
Because we work with school students, we must assure that people are real and hope you understand. To do this, we use a LinkedIn verification process. When you click the button below, you will be asked to enter your LinkedIn login details and then you will be directed to our expert application form.