App Development - Home Study
Create a digital prototype for an app through App Lab
Review the learning objectives
This course requires a login for App Lab, a free online tool. Students 13 and over can create their own account. Those under 13 will need to have an account set up for them by a teacher or parent/carer. Details of how to do this are in the 'Guide to setting up App Lab accounts' document in the resources section.
- Identify everyday problems which could be solved by a mobile app
- Be able to expand and develop initial ideas to create a better understanding of the problem to be solved
- Understand how to utilise mobile device features in the design of an app
- A clickable prototype of an app
- A presentation / video / animation explaining your idea
- Printable student A4 workbook containing practical activities
- Guides you through the course
- Fully editable, making it easy for you to adapt
Work through presentation
- Launch the presentation below and work through the activities
- All activities are in the student workbook and introduced in the presentation
Enter the Awards
This presentation will take you through the entry submission process applicable when you are working from home. This guide will help you to create a submission that standouts from the crowd.
For this year entries are welcome from UK and international students and can be individual or team entries (e.g. if you started a course while your school was still open).
All entries must be in English.
The closing date for entries is the 18th of May 2020
Produce your video
Getting close to the deadline? Not produced your video yet? Check out our help and advice in this useful presentation